INGERSOLL LECTURER CHOSEN

Prof. G. F. Moore Will Deliver Fourteenth Annual Address on Subject "Immortality of Man."

Professor George Foot Moore h.'06 has been appointed Ingersoll Lecturer for 1913-1914. This lectureship is supported by a bequest of $5000 made in 1894 by Miss Caroline Haskell Ingersoll, in accordance with the wish of her father, George Goldthwaite Ingersoll 1815. The bequest provides for an annual lecture on the subject. "The Immortality of Man"; the lecture this year will be the fourteenth of the series. Last year Professor G. H. Palmer '64 delivered the Ingersoll lecture under the sub-title "Intimations of Immortality in Sonnets of Shakespeare."

The conditions of the bequest provide that three-fourths of the amount shall be devoted to the lecturer's salary, and one-fourth to the publishing of the lecture: that the lecture shall not form a part of the usual college course, nor be delivered by any professor or tutor as a part of his usual routine of instruction; and that the lecturer shall be appointed at least six months before the proposed delivery of the lecture. The date for this year's lecture has not been decided.