Warm Reception to Football Team

The victorious football team was given a warm reception by the members of the Union last evening. R. C. Evarts 1L., acted as chairman and A. F. Pickernell '14 and J. R. O. Perkins '14 entertained with several original lyrics. Captain Storer spoke of the excellent support that was given the team at Princeton and of the courage that the undergraduate enthusiasm instilled into the team before the Yale game.

Coach Haughton gave an illustrated talk on the last two Yale games, making a comparison of the teams of both seasons. Although Yale was defeated last year by a larger score than that of the game this fall, nevertheless the opposing eleven was decidedly stronger this year; whereas, in the previous contest, they presented the victory to the University team by at least seven fatal mistakes. The pictures showed very clearly, by a number of play-series, the superior offensive qualities of the University line in the last game, their skilful support of runner and kicker, and the remarkable speed with which they penetrated the opposing defense.