NEW DEPARTURE IN HOCKEY

FIRST TRAINING TRIP WILL BE TAKEN THIS RECESS TO SYRACUSE.

For the first time in the history of the sport, the University hockey team will take a Christmas training trip. The squad will be allowed to rest until Christmas evening when it will take the train for Syracuse, N. Y. arriving at 10 o'clock on Friday morning. Practice will be held daily at the Syracuse Arena. During their stay the men will be the guests of Captain Willetts at his home in Skaneateles which is only a short distance from Syracuse.

Four games have been arranged for the team on the trip, two with the Syracuse Hockey Club and two with the University of Ottawa. The dates have been given out as follows:

Saturday, December 27, Syracuse.

Tuesday, December 30, Syracuse.

Friday, January 2, Ottawa.

Saturday, January 3, Ottawa.

The following eighteen men will make the trip: S. Adams '14, G. M. Carnochan '14, W. H. Claflin, Jr., '15, C. S. Clark '16, S. P. Clark '14, A. Cunningham '16, L. Curtis, 2d., '16, J. C. Devereux '14, A. F. Doty '16, S. T. Hopkins '14, H. C. Morgan '14, M. B. Phillips '15, L. Saltonstall '14, P. H. Smart '14, E. M. Wanamaker '16, W. M. Washburn '15, W. A. Willetts '14, and Manager R. St. B. Boyd '14. Coach Winsor will be unable to accompany the men on account of the pressure of business.