DEDICATION OF NEW ORGAN

Recital to be Given in Appleton Chapel Next Wednesday Evening.

On Wednesday evening, at 8 o'clock, the new organ in Appleton Chapel will be dedicated with an organ recital by Dr. Archibald T. Davison, Jr., '06, Organist and Choirmaster of the University, and Mr. Ernest Mitchell, Organist of the Boston Trinity Church. These men will be assisted by Mrs. Louise Clark Pray, soprano. The evening's program will include selections from Bach, Bonnet, Handel, Haydn, Franck, Schumann, Saint-Saens, Guilmant, Cowen, Karg-Ellert, and Widor. The recital will be open to the public.

The new organ is in the balcony of the Chapel, opposite the platform, and is as large a one as could possibly be installed. It is a notable embodiment of the latest advances in the art of organ construction, combining the highest artistic results in voicing and tonal beauty with the greatest skill in mechanical and electrical details. The better characteristics of the organ of an earlier time have been retained and combined with the more distinctive qualities of the modern organ. Those who have been in charge of the work of installing the new instrument declare that the aim of furnishing Appleton Chapel with an instrument worthy of its environment broad in scope and varied in resource has been fully realized.