1916 DEBATING CANDIDATES

Freshmen Called Out.--University Teams and Alternates Awarded Medals.--Dinner for Coaches.

The call for candidates for the Freshman debating team which will meet Yale 1916 and Princeton 1916 in a triangular contest on May 2, has been issued. Freshmen expecting to enter the trials must send their names to M. Suravitz 1L., Perkins 1L.

The subject for the Freshman debate will be: "Resolved, That the members of the President's Cabinet should have a seat and a voice in all discussions in both Houses of Congress."

Coolidge Medals Awarded.

The following members of the University debating team have been awarded gold Coolidge medals as a recognition of their work in the triangular debate with Yale and Princeton last Friday: C. W. Chenoweth 2G., of Taunton; R. B. Fizzell 3L., of Taylorville, III; F. F. Greenman '14, of Brooklyn, N. Y.; J. Levin '14, of Detroit, Mich.; M. C. Lightner 3L., of New York City; R. L. West '14, of Millis. The following alternates have been awarded silver medals: A. A. Berle, Jr., '13, of Cambridge; B. H. Knollenberg 1G., of Richmond, Ind.; and H. C. Place '14, of Gilberstville, N. Y.

The University Debating Council will entertain the members of the team and the coaches, Sidney Curtis '05, and Arthur Ballantine '04, at a dinner will be held in about two weeks, and will mark the formal end of the University debating season.