SOPHOMORES PLEDGE $324

At Smoker Men in Favor of Installation of Electric Lights.

At the smoker of the Sophomore class held in the Union last evening, the subject of the installation of electric lights in the Senior dormitories was formally presented to the class of 1915. H. R. Hitchcock, Jr., '14, briefly outlined the circumstances of the turning of the Yard dormitories into Senior dormitories, and then the steps which have thus far been taken in the plan for lighting. As already announced, the way in which the necessary money will be raised is by pledges of $6 by members of the class of 1914, and $3 by members of the classes of 1915 and 1916. The committee from the Sophomore class is: R. A. Murray, Jr., of New York City, chairman, P. Blackmur of Quincy: R. Mc W. R. Pirnie '15 ETAOI ETAONIETAN Kinney, of Albany, N. Y.: and W. R. Pirnie, of Springfield. Pledges will be given to every member of the class and everyone is expected to contribute. In order not to interfere with the gymnasium fund pledges the amount will be charged on the February 1914 term bill. With $324 pledged last evening to start the fund, the officers of the class hope that they may even exceed the minimum amount.