TRAINING FOR CHAMBER OF COMMERCE WORK.

A new experiment in education is to be undertaken by the Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration in the adoption of a line of special training, designed to train young men for the work of secretaries of chambers of commerce and similar voluntary trade bodies. Recently there has been a wide-spread movement in this country to form local chambers of commerce and boards of trade and to revive the activity of those already existing. The establishment of the Chamber of Commerce of the United States of America has given these organizations a forward impulse, and it is because of this development that the Business School has decided to offer special training for Chamber of Commerce work.

This action by the Business School is a sign of its growth and increasing usefulness to the community. Although still young in years, this department of the University is rapidly pushing its influence into all the phases of business enterprise and training increasing numbers for the profession. It is pleasing to note that in the new work to be attempted the Business School will co-operate with the Boston Chamber of Commerce and similar bodies in the immediate vicinity. Close contact between the school and the business community will not only be of great value to students, but will give the institution a larger sphere of influence.