THROUGH DARK GLASSES.

"The Harvard CRIMSON, commenting on the situation, remarks: "There is a rowing situation at Harvard which, it is felt, may terminate in the dismissal of Coach Wray."

This paragraph is taken (and we beg to say taken accurately) from the pitiful crew story that seasoned the American's daily hodge-podge of journalistic fish stories yesterday. We may agree with yellow editors, to a very limited extent, that stories must be written in a style, that will appeal to the people, but we refuse to believe that the people are asking for downright lies. Such a direct and apparently intentional perversion of the statement that a Harvard victory over the Yale crew is not a fixture will warm every loyal Harvard man to several degrees beyond white heat. It will go further and prove to him that the University must take steps to defend itself from the malicious attacks of newspapers in whose offices the motto is admittedly, "Salm Harvard". When a man who has been in the newspaper game will say to college newspaper men, as was said at their, gathering in New York this spring. "If you go into newspaper work, never say you are a college man, particularly a Harvard man," then, we think, that it is time for us to help in the movement toward clean and same journalism. The Press Club was organized with this aim in view, but, not receiving the official support essential to its active existence, has gone to sleep for the summer, hoping that next fall will see its being rendered unnecessary by the appointment of a University press agent. We are confident that the authorities will take some measures to prevent the recurrence of the yellow peril that the College has passed through this year.