DECISIVE GAME WITH BROWN

ON SOLDIERS FIELD AT 3.--WILL SHED LIGHT ON OUTCOME OF YALE CONTEST.

The University baseball team will meet Brown in the second game of the two-game series on Soldiers Field this afternoon at 3 o'clock. Brown won the first game at Providence on Memorial Day by the score of 9 to 4. In this game the University team was compelled to use three pitchers and was unable to hit Cram, the Brown pitcher, at opportune times. It is not likely that Cram will pitch today as the Brunonians have been saving Captain Eayrs for this game. Eayrs has had a good record this season, having defeated Princeton twice and compelling Yale to play extra innings to defeat him.

Coach Sexton has not definitely decided whom he will send to the mound today. Felton's arm has not been in the best of shape since the Williams game, but if it is all right today, he will do the pitching. Otherwise Frye, who finished the game at Providence, will go in the box.

The game today is a critical one for the Harvard team and the result should throw light on the relative merits of the University team and Yale. Brown has won thirteen games so far this season and has lost two, both to Yale. Among their victories is one against Holy Cross which team recently defeated Harvard at Worcester by the score of 9 to 5.

The line-up of the University team will be the same one which has been used for the last two weeks and seems to be permanent for the rest of the season. The outfield which was shifted frequently in the early games seems to have taken permanent form. Frye, who was used in right field in many of the games will now devote his entire attention to pitching.

The batting orders for today's game follow: HARVARD.  BROWN. Alsop, l.f.  s.s., Crowther Wingate, s.s.  l.f., Loud Clark, 2b.  c., Snell Ayres, 1b.  p., Eayrs Gannett, r.f.  3b., Reilly Hardwick, c.f.  1b., Andrews Tomes, 3b.  2b., Tewhill Young, c.  r.f., Johnson Felton or Frye, p.  c.f., Nash