PICTURESQUE HOLLIS PAGEANT

UNIQUE MEMORIAL SATURDAY TO BE FOLLOWED BY DINNER IN UNION.

The one hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the building of Hollis Hall will be celebrated on Saturday, June 14, by a pageant at 3.45 in the afternoon followed by a dinner in the Union. All graduates who lived in Hollis Hall have been invited to attend, and there will be a number of guests. The pageant will be held behind Hollis Hall, or, in case of rain, in Sanders Theatre. The scene will be decorated and sufficiently altered to resemble quite closely the old Hollis Hall. Seats for spectators will be erected, facing Hollis, so that the old front of the building (now the rear) will form the back-drop of the stage. About 100 men will take part.

Qutline of the Pageant.

Professor G. P. Baker '87 is the author and coach of the presentation. There will be seven episodes, showing the development in the history of Harvard from the time when Sir Thomas Hollis was a benefactor of the College back in the eighteenth century down through the American Revolution to modern times The whole thing has been very carefully worked up by Professor Baker, and gives a remarkably clear and accurate picture of Hollis Hall and the student life about it at all stages in its history

The seven episodes to be given are as follows: I. Prologue. II. Sir Thomas Hollis in London. III. Dedication of the Hall. IV. Revolutionary Scene. V. Harvard Washington Corps. VI. Commemoration Ode Scene. VII. Finale.

In connection with the pageant, there will be several selections of eighteenth and nineteenth century music, rendered by the University Glee Club accompanied by twelve pieces. A special song has been written for the occasion by C. T. Ryder '06, which promises to be one of the most stirring features of the celebration. Also an old anthem will be sung which was used by the students in the eighteenth century for a celebration similar to this pageant. The music has been reset by P. L. Atherton '93. The rest of the music is the work of Dr. A. T. Davison '06. The Harvard Memorial Society, which is co-operating with the Hollis men in the celebration, will publish the text of the pageant, and will distribute copies to the Hollis men. A limited number will also be on sale at the pageant.

Speakers at Dinner in Union.

At the dinner in the Union, following the pageant, the toastmaster will be Professor Bruce Wyman '96, of the Law School. Among the speakers will be President Elliot, President Lowell and F. J. Swayze '79, of the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Music will be provided by a double quartette from the Glee Club.

Tickets to the pageant, admitting ladies or gentlemen, may be procured by members of the University for $1 each and by others for $1.50 each, upon application to E. V. Moncrieff '14, Randolph 39, or F. E. Richter '13, Hollis 24. There will be no reserved seats, and the number of tickets is limited. Hollis Hall graduates of the University who attend the dinner or who have contributed to the fund will be admitted free of charge