GLEE CLUB DELEGATES CONFER

Meet to Arrange Competitive Concert in New York Today.

A conference of glee club representatives from six colleges will be held at the Harvard Club in New York City this afternoon at 4.30 o'clock to make definite arrangements for a competitive meet between the conferring college clubs to be held this spring and annually hereafter. Harvard, Princeton, Dartmouth, Columbia, Cornell, and possibly Yale will send two delegates to the meeting to beside on a date, judges and a committee. A. F. Pickernell '14 and F. Graves '15 will represent the University Glee Club.

Tentative arrangements have already been made. Each club will include 30 men. The conditions of the competition are not restrictive, and the performance will not be greatly changed from that ordinarily given by a university glee club. Each club is to offer three selections: one serious selection, reasonably classic in style; one light or humorous selection; and one college selection. The judgment of the competition is to be based on general musical qualities such as technique, tone, diction, etc., and although special selections and solos may be arranged to lend greater variety they will be little considered in the final award, as organization is desired rather than individual talent. Some sort of trophy will be awarded the winners. Provisional dates have already been announced during May, and the concert will probably be held in Carnegie Hall, New York, some time during that month.