TRACK MEET WITH TECHNOLOGY

Any Student May Enter Dual Contest to be Held on October 24.

On Saturday, October 24, at 2.30 o'clock the University will hold a dual track meet with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology on the new Technology field. This meet will be open to all track men, both of the University and Freshman teams, from both colleges. No one, however, will be allowed to compete who has not passed his strength test. No scoring will be done for either college, but ribbons will be awarded the winners of the first four places in each event.

Blue-books will be placed at Leavitt & Peirce's, Soldiers Field and the Hemenway Gymnasium this afternoon and all men who desire to compete should sign up before October 22 for the event, or events, in which they intend to take part.

The following events will be run: 100-yard dash, 220-yard dash, 440-yard dash, 880-yard run, 3-mile run, 120-yard high hurdles, 220-yard low hurdles, shot-put, broad jump, high jump, pole-vault and hammer-throw.

Everyone is urged to come out for this meet, for, if there are a good number of entries it is expected that the meet will be made an annual event, carrying out in that line the new plan of co-operation between the two universities.

Freshman Meet for Cup.

A Freshman interdormitory meet for the Graduate Cup will be held in the Stadium Friday, October 16, at 4 o'clock. Blue-books have been placed at Soldiers Field and at each of the dormitories, and all who wish to compete must sign up by 6 o'clock tomorrow. No man, however, who has not taken a strength test will be allowed to compete.

In scoring, the first four places will count, 5, 3, 2, and 1 respectively. In addition one point will be credited to each dormitory for every event in which three or more men start. It is therefore the duty of every man in the class to come out and help his dormitory win the cup. The same events will be run as are announced for the meet with Technology.