MacDOWELL AWARD ANNOUNCED

FELLOWSHIP OF $600 WON BY TWO STUDENTS OF RADCLIFFE COLLEGE.

The MacDowell Fellowship of $600, offered by the MacDowell Club of New York for the best original play submitted in yearly competition, has been divided this year between two Radcliffe students, Miss Margaret Champney, of Lynnfield Centre, for a serious play in three acts called "Nothing But Money," and Miss Caroline H. Budd, of Woodford, Me., for a four-act comedy entitled "The Only Girl in Sight." Professor G. P. Baker '87 judged the competition.

The two plays mentioned above were of such equal merit that Professor Baker found it almost impossible to judge between them and therefore, contrary to the custom in former years, and with the consent of the winners, the prize was divided between them.

The competition for this fellowship is open to the country at large and to such undergraduates in Harvard and Radcliffe as have done promising work in connection with the drama and have not taken Professor Baker's course on the "Technique of the Drama." The purpose of the fellowship is to enable people who have real aptitude for dramatic work, to have the benefit of instruction which they would not otherwise have the means of obtaining.