MICHIGAN SAVING HER REGULARS

Full Strength Will be Kept Intact for Game With University.

The work of preparing the Michigan eleven for the game with the University on October 31 has been going on as rapidly as possible. Michigan is sensible of the fact that a victory in that game will win more prestige for her than twenty western victories, and Coach Yost is exerting every effort to attain that prestige. He has been building up what may be termed a "smashing machine." For the Harvard game he plans an alternating policy. The forward pass will be used extensively, but the mainstay of the attack will consist of the old, straight line-plunging methods such as won for the University the game with Washington and Jefferson two weeks ago and the Tufts game a week ago. The loss of Hughitt and Galt is of course irreparable, and what is worse there is not a single regular playing in his regular position. But there still remains Splawn's magnificent drop-kicking to be relied on. He has been kicking drops consistently from the 40-yard line all the week, and Coach Yost regards him as the greatest drop-kicker of all time.

While Michigan is very anxious to win the game with Syracuse today she does not intend to win it at the expense of the Harvard game, and Coach Yost announced last night that he would take no chances of injuring any of his men before the 31st.