PROF. LICHTENBERGER HERE

Arrived Last Night From Europe.--Will Meet His Classes Today.

Professor Lichtenberger, the exchange professor from the Sorbonne, France, arrived in Cambridge yesterday evening. He will begin his course, Comparative Literature 53, entitled Rennan et le Nihilisme intellectuel contemporain, at 2.30 o'clock today in Sever 23. All students who have already enrolled in this course should come to this meeting. The Department of French is desirous of having the course taken by as many as possible of the qualified students interested in French literature and reminds them that it is accepted in the programs for concentration and distribution and for distinction in romance languages. As the absence of Professor Allard has diminished somewhat the offering of courses in French literature conducted in French, the presence of Professor Lichtenberger is exceedingly helpful to the Department. Next Thursday afternoon at 4.30 o'clock, in Sever 11, Professor Lichtenberger will give the first lecture in his course Comparative Literature 54, which deals with Nietzsche and is open to the public. As has already been announced, both the courses will be conducted in French.