FRESHMAN TRACK GETS START

MEETING TONIGHT IN GORE.--UNIVERSITY MEN WILL CONVENE FRIDAY.

Every Freshman who has any interest in track athletics is asked to be at Gore Hall tonight at 8 o'clock. No previous experience is necessary, and it is essential that a number of men report. C. C. Little '10, head coach, will address the meeting and outline the plans for the fall and spring work. E. K. Merrihew '10, Leslie Watson '10 and R. Hoyt '10, coaches of Gore, Smith, and Standish Halls, respectively, will also be on hand to speak. This fall a track meet will be held for the dormitory championship and the Graduates' Cup. Every dormitory filling an event will be awarded one point in addition to the places won by their men in that event.

Meeting for University Team.

A meeting for all candidates for the University track team will be held in the Trophy Room of the Union Friday evening, October 9 at 7.30 o'clock. All candidates are expected to be present as plans for the coming season will be discussed. Captain F. W. Capper '15; N. W. Bingham '95; H. Jaques, Jr., 11; and W. A. Barron, Jr., '14, will address the meeting.

Fall track practice is progressing steadily. More men should sign up in the blue-book at Leavitt & Peirce's for the handicap track meet next Friday afternoon. The following events will be contested: 100-yard dash, 220-yard dash, three-mile run, high and broad jumps, pole-vault shot-put and hammer-throw.

Coach Donovan will enter several of his men in the track meet to be held in connection with the Columbus Day celebration next Monday on the Boston Common. J. L. Foley '15, E. A. Teschner '17, B. Z. Nelson '15 and R. Tower '15 are entered in the 100-yard dash; and R. D. Campbell '17 in the 440-yard run. Coach Shrubb of the University cross-country team is likewise entering a number of his men in this meet.