FORM WHITE "H" SATURDAY

Handkerchiefs to be Waved During "Marseillaise." -- 70,000 Yale Applications Now.

Since the Princeton football game will be the only big contest played in Cambridge this year, the cheering section will form the white "H" on a red background when the "Marseillaise" is sung in the Stadium Saturday, as has been done at recent Yale games. The success of this plan will depend solely on the co-operation of every man sitting in sections 32 and 33.

Each ticket in the cheering division has been stamped, indicating whether the holder is to carry a red or a white handkerchief. Red handkerchiefs will be on sale at the Athletic Association Office where the tickets are given out, and everybody is expected to have the handkerchief designated on his ticket. The price of red handkerchiefs is 5 cents.

The waving white "H" is the most conspicuous single feature of the University's cheering at the big games, and will be successful if every man provides himself with the appropriate handkerchief.

The management of the Yale ticket department announced that 70,000 applications for tickets to the Yale-Harvard football game have already been received. The new Bowl, believed by the Yale authorities to be adequate for any intercollegiate contest, seats but 61,000. The management has consequently decided to build wooden stands around the parapet that caps the Bowl, accommodating approximately 9,000 additional people, thus allowing 70,000 persons to view the big game.