HINKEY PRAISED BY YALE NEWS

Editorial In Undergraduate Publication Commends Work of Coach.

An editorial which appeared in the Yale Daily News, reaffirms the students' confidence in the ability of Coach Hinkey, and highly compliments the University football team. The article says: "There is not much to say about the game. Harvard had a better team, a wonderful team--a beautiful working machine without a weak cog, so smoothly running and so powerful that Yale was almost helpless, forgetful even of the gently art of tackling.

"Yale's defeat, however, has not in the least shaken the faith in Coach Hinkey. He has taken hold of football in the right way, vanishing that superfluous grimness without which many think no team is complete, and which brands the man who is seen to smile upon the football field as a coward and a shirker.

"To the coaches and Captain Talbott the University pays all honor. They have led through the season, in the right spirit, a team that has shown its readiness and willingness to work and to play the game hard to the finish, as Yale teams, in victory or defeat, have played it from the first."