NEW MUSEUM READY IN YEAR

Germanic Building Progressing. -- Officers of Association Chosen.

Work on the New Germanic Museum is progressing. The foundations have been laid, and from present indications the building will be finished within a year's time. Professor H. L. Warren '83, is supervising the construction, which is being carried on according to plans made by the German architect, Bastelmeyer of Saxony.

An adequate endowment will cover the expenses of the up-keep of the building and the collections; and any increase in the collections and the future growth of the library will be partially cared for by the special Germanic Museum Fund of $10,000 (the proceeds of the Joan of Arc performance) and by a recent legacy of $50,000 from the estate of a benefactor of the Museum, Hugo Reisinger. A valuable and unique addition to the reference library consists of a collection of prints illustrative of Goethe's works, which has been given by Miss E. C. Holland of Concord.

The following have been elected officers of the Germanic Museum Association: President, Frederick P. Fish; vice-president, Professor H. L. Warren '83; secretary-treasurer, Clement S. Houghton '56. Judge James M. Olmstead has been elected chairman of the board of directors.