SERVICES WELL PERFORMED.

The Phillips Brooks House report shows that the place it is filling in the life of the whole University is constantly broadening. Its work reaches out to include not only the College but the men in the Graduate Schools in social, religious, and social service activity.

The most encouraging advance has been made in the Bible study. In years past the Freshman Bible class has been the only one to attract many men. This year there is an average attendance of 212 in twenty groups. The Christian Association and St. Paul's Society are both filling a very much larger place in the spiritual life of the College.

The Social Service Department is well up to the average at this time of year--273 men are engaged in some form of work.

The Legal Aid Bureau has already undertaken 40 cases, which are carried through by Law School men for those who are unable to pay the usual lawyer's fees.

Receptions to entering men, collections of clothing for the Red Cross, a loan library, an information bureau which helped 913 men are some of the other forms of service that is making Phillips Brooks House the centre of the best interests of the University.