CLASH FOR THE HOCKEY TITLE

DECIDING GAME OF SERIES WITH PRINCETON TO BE PLAYED AT NEW YORK.

The University hockey team will meet Princeton in the rubber game of the series at the St. Nicholas Rink, New York, this evening at 8.15 o'clock. Against the individual skill of Princeton's remarkable forwards, Baker, Kilner, and Kuhn, the University will present an equally efficient defence in Willetts and Claflin, supported by Carnochan, an exceptionally good goal. On the attack, Harvard's strength lies in a well-balanced forward line, fast and aggressive, with marked ability at passing and shooting.

The Princetin team has played up to its usual standard in their practices held since last Saturday's victory, defeating the Seventh Regiment team in two twenty-minute scrimmages Monday, and, on Thursday evening, after defeating a substitute team 7 to 1, playing a tie game with the "St. Nich's." The showing made by the University team in this week's practice is, however, equally encouraging. After a day of ragged practice and a defeat at the hands of the Freshmen, the team, despite the loss of the strongest men, has turned the blind energy that followed defeat, into fast and powerful team-play. The injured men, Willetts and Phillips, will be able to play part of the game at least, and the same team that defeated Princeton four weeks ago will face her at St. Nicholas Rink this evening.

The entire University squad will leave for New York today at 10 o'clock. In the game this evening, the line-up will be as follows: HARVARD.  PRINCETON. Clark, l.w.  r.w., Kilner Phillips, 1.c.  r.c., Baker Hopkins, r.c.  1.c., Kuhn Smart, r.w.  1.w., MacColl Claflin, c.p.  c.p., Emmons Willetts, p.  p., C. Peacock Carnochan, g.  g., Winants