REPORT ON GYMNASIUM FUND

COMMITTEE IS ENCOURAGED BY RESULTS OF CAMPAIGN JUST FINISHED.

The active campaign for payment of overdue gymnasium pledges was concluded last night, and the returns, although not entirely satisfactory, were far from discouraging, and show that an active interest is being taken in the project. So far, during this campaign, the classes have paid $704.25, the Sophomores leading with collections amounting to $480.75, the Juniors coming next with $210.50, the Seniors bringing up the rear with collections of only $13. Together with the amounts already on hand, and about $942 paid from the Freshman class, this brings the total collection to $7,308.11, over half the of the entire $14,300 now pledged. When it is considered that one of the classes subscribing has already left College, and so cannot be reached, one class is that of 1914, now a Senior class and as such forced to meet unusual expenses, and that of the Freshman pledges of over $4,000, only half has as yet come due, it must be admitted that these returns show admirable support on the part of the College. Many pledges are still outstanding, and results are expected from these during the next week or two. The Freshman campaign for new pledges has brought in $298.

A purely informal campaign of graduates has been started by those most interested in the work, pending the formation of the permanent committee. With the results that should be obtained from this canvass, and the $10,000 or over that the undergraduate committee expects to have on hand by June, an encouraging nucleus will be formed on which the graduate committee may build. HARVARD GYMNASIUM COMMITTEE.