FORM EXCRUCIATINGLY POOR

Crime Candidates Demonstrate Utter Ignorance of Most Elemental Points of National Game.

The CRIMSON Baseball Club opened its season by walloping the Candidates Association about the diamond Saturday afternoon to the tune of 15 to 10. But for a stiff head-wind which aided the candidates materially in fielding the CRIMSON'S hits, the score would undoubtedly have been much larger.

The work of the candidates was distinctly disappointing. After the first inning when three of them struck out and subsequently scored, because Stiles, who took up the catcher's responsibilities at the last minute, was unable to hold Hall's wily shoots, they adopted the system of swinging at the first three balls pitched and hastening for the initial bag at top speed. Here Osborne lived up to expectations by performing yeoman service. He also distinguished himself with the club, although outdone by Stiles who slammed a trio of screeching triples over the heads of the outer gardeners.

Home Run Almost Fatal.

Captain McIntosh, who had proved a sterling leader at short-stop where he had nothing to occupy him but leading, took Osborne's place in the fifth, the latter being so exhausted by rapid circuit of the bags that Manager Henderson benched him. Both Greeley and Morris handled throws made in practice very well, and Smith covered the p'votal sack and surrounding territory faultlessly, in addition to contributing a single and a triple to the base hit column. EDITORS.  C. C. A. Stiles, c.  c.f., Seymour Hall, p.  3b., Meeker Osborne, McIntosh, 1b.  s.s., Cook Smith, 2b.  p., Lewis Ingram, Fenn, Leighton, c.f.  r.f., Reed McIntosh, Fenn, s.s.  2b., W. D. Canaday Brown, l.f.  1b., Crane Potter, Morris, r.f.  c.f., Dixon Greeley, Morris, 3b.  l.f., Curtis

The score by innings: Innings,  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Editors,  5  4  2  1  0  3  x--15 C. C. A.,  3  1  2  0  2  2  0--10

Reed--Double scoop credit for dropping pop fly. First bases on third strike--C. C. A., 20.