HOOKEY CHEERING ABOLISHED

Organized Cheering in Arena Voted Down by Student Council Committee.--Appointments Approved.

At a meeting of the Executive Committee of the Student Council yesterday afternoon, the following appointments were approved: Samuel Morse Felton, Jr., '16, of Chicago, Ill., as second assistant manager of the University crew; Evan Howell Foreman '16, of Atlanta, Ga., as second assistant manager of the University baseball team; Joseph Garland '15, of Winchester, as assistant manager of the University lacrosse team in place of Charles John Ferguson '15, who has resigned because he will complete his course of study in three years; Harold Raymond Anderson '16, of Roseville, Ill., as second assistant manager of the University lacrosse team; and Rogers Bruce Johnson '17, of Newark, N. J., as manager of the Freshman lacrosse team.

The committee also voted that there shall be no organized cheering at the hockey games in the Arena. The reasons for this adverse vote are three: first, that the attempt this year proved a failure; in the second place, that there is no point to the cheering except in the Yale games, and without practice in the smaller games, which is impracticable; it is unsuccessful; and finally, it is very difficult to secure a concentrated cheering section in the Arena.