Tech. to Rearrange Buildings

The cooperation of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology with Harvard University has necessitated a rearrangement of the new buildings now being built along the Charles. Although this has caused some delay in the plans, there are at present nearly three hundred men employed on the work. The principal place of activity is in the group of buildings forming the three sides of the eastern, minor court. These are the structures that are to be devoted to general studies and biology and public health. The east court foundations are about three hundred feet square and altogether there have been driven about five thousand piles, about one-fourth of the whole number required. No less than fifteen different sources of supply have been sought for this enormous quantity.

One of the features of general interest is the fact that surveyors are at work on the new athletic field. This is at the northeast corner of the grounds and since Technology has disposed of the field at Brookline, measures will be taken to replace it by partial preparation of the new one. It was at first feared that the Harvard fields would be over crowded by the University and Tech men, but Tech is going to have its own grounds at hand and presently a gymnasium that will follow the most efficient models.