AYRES AND MURRAY 1915 CAPTAIN

Former Chosen to Direct Work of Base ball Team and Latter Crew.

Russell Romeyn Ayres '15, of Montclain N. J., was elected captain of the University baseball team directly after the third game last June. Captain Ayres succeed Dana Joseph Paine Wingate '14, of Winchester, Mass., who played shortstop for three years on the University nine.

Ayres prepared at Montclair High School, where he played third base on the team. He played first base on the 1915 Freshman team, and the same position on the University year before last an part of last season. Last spring, in the later games, he was shifted to third base H. L. Nash '16 going to first. Ayres proved an able third baseman and with probably play in that position all third season. He is 20 years old, 6 feet, inches tall, and weighs 152 pounds.

Captain Ayres will be on the field the first fall practice on Wednesday.

Henry Alexander Murray, Jr., of New York, N. Y., was elected captain of the University crew for 1915 following Yale race at New London last June. Murray was a leading member of the 1915 Freshman crew squad, until he broke the arm shortly before the Yale race. In the Sophomore year he rowed on the victorious University four-oared boat, an last year rowed Number 3 in the eight oared shell. He is 20 years old, 6 feat, 1 inch tall, and weighs 166 pounds. He prepared at Groton.