1918 TRACK MEN ANSWERED CALL

Shrubb to Direct Cross Country.--Squad Divided by Dormitories.

Thirty Freshmen reported to C. C. Little '10 yesterday afternoon for the first practice of the year. Captain F. W. Capper '15 spoke to the entire squad on the need of immediate training, and Coach Shrubb outlined the cross country work. Little then explained the new system of fall track work for 1918. He will be assisted by three members of the 1910 class. E. K. Merrihew will coach all the men from Gore Hall, R. F. Hoyt will be in charge of those from Standish Hall, and L. Watson will direct the Smith Hall athletes. Coach Little will take care of all Freshmen outside of these halls and all inexperienced men.

The Freshman track candidates will compete in the annual handicap meet on October 9, and in the informal meet with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology on October 23. In addition an interdormitory meet will be held on October 16, the winning hall gaining pofession of the Graduates' Cup for one year. Although Coach Little will have general supervision of the first year men, she will be assisted by Coaches Donovan and Powers. The latter will be on the held daily from 2.30 to 5 o'clock to instruct all field event men. Practice will be held this afternoon at 3 o'clock and all men, whether experienced or not, are argued to report.

More Track Managers Report.

Not enough men reported for the competition of manager and assistant manager of the team. Anyone else desiring to compete should report to F. P. Clement, Jr., '16, at the H. A. A. Office this morning at 8.45 o'clock or at the Locker Building this afternoon at 2.30 o'clock. This competition affords an excellent opportunity for men not athletically inclined to make a wide acquaintance among their classmates. The work will start immediately and will last until November 22.