DINING HALLS WELL FILLED

ALTHOUGH FRESHMEN EAT IN NEW DORMITORIES ENROLLMENT IS LARGE.

The University dining halls, Memorial and Foxcroft, opened yesterday for breakfast, and during the day more than 900 students enrolled at Memorial and 220 at Foxcroft. This is an unusually large number, considering that all the Freshmen are eating at the dining halls provided in the new dormitories. More than 200 Freshman last year ate at Memorial.

The tendency each year, however, is toward an increased membership from the available student body, at both the University dining halls. And as several private dormitories have closed this fall, more students than usual have already applied at Memorial. The enrollment is growing so rapidly that a waiting list again this year seems inevitable.

The offices of both halls will be at Memorial, and men may sign on between 9 A. M. and 5 P. M. Students who have a $400 bond on file at the Bursar's Office may have their board charged on their January and June term bills; otherwise a deposit must be maintained in advance at the office.

All groups of members wishing to eat together should hand in their lists as soon as possible, so that an assignment of club tables may be made this week. The management reserves the right to fix the maximum and minimum registration at each.