Varied Program of Lectures

Following are a series of announcements concerning lectures to be given in the immediate future in Cambridge and in Boston.

Professor Ford on Inebriety.

Professor James Ford of the Social Ethics Department, will deliver a lecture on "The Latest Data on the Alcohol Problem," under the auspices of the Prohibition League in the Social Ethics Museum, Emerson Hall, this evening at 7.45 o'clock.

Address on Classic Period.

Mr. Oric Bates '08, Curator of African Archaeology in the Peabody Museum will lecture on "The Classics and Barbarian Culture, Dress, Ornamentation, and the Arts of Life" in the Lecture Room of the Fogg Art Museum tonight at 8 o'clock. This is the second of a series of lectures on. "Ethnology and the Classics," and will be illustrated by lantern slides. The lecture is open to the public.

"Life of Cardinal Newman."

Mr. Wilfred Ward, of Dorking, England, author of the "Life of Cardinal Newman," will deliver the first of his series of six lectures on "The True Nature of Cardinal Newman's Genius," at the Lowell Institute, this evening at 8 o'clock. The title of this lecture will be "Newman and the Critics."

Lecture Today on "Nietzsche."

Professor Henri Lichtenberger, exchange professor from the Sorbonne, will give the twenty-fourth of his series of lectures on "Nietzsche" in Sever 11 this afternoon at 4.30 o'clock. The lecture will be open to the public.

Colonel Thompson at Speakers' Club.

Colonel Robert M. Thompson will speak on "The Needs of Our Navy" at a special dinner of the Speakers' Club this evening at 6.30 o'clock. Colonel Thompson is a graduate of Annapolis, was chairman of the American committee for the Olympic games in 1912, is president of the New York Athletic Club, and chairman of the Executive Committee of the Navy League of the United States.

The dinner will be open to members of the Speakers' Club and their guests.

Coolidge Lectures to be Continued.

The course of eight lectures by Professor Archibald Cary Coolidge '87 on "International Relations in Europe Since 1870" which was given at the Lowell Institute this fall will be repeated on Monday afternoons beginning February 15. The lectures will begin at 4.30 o'clock