ALTER ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS

Faculty of Medical School Announces New Rules for Applicants.

On recommendation of the Faculty of Medicine, the Corporation has decided to make several changes in the requirements for admission to the Medical School. As candidates for the degree of Doctor of Medicine the Medical School will accept the following: I. Graduates in arts or sciences of approved colleges or scientific schools who can furnish evidence (a) that they have such knowledge of physics, biology, general chemistry and organic chemistry as may be obtained from one year's course in each of these subjects as given in approved colleges and scientific schools (in organic chemistry, half-courses of good grade may be accepted); (b) that they have a reading knowledge of French or German.

II. Students who have completed two years of work in a college or scientific school of high rank, provided they present certificates (a) that they have stood in the upper third of their class, (b) that one year's course has been taken in physics, biology, general chemistry and organic chemistry, and (c) that they have a reading knowledge of German or French.

These requirements must be satisfied in full before matriculation. Partial deficiencies in single subjects may be made up prior to admission by courses in the Harvard Summer School. Students are requested to apply for admission before July 1 on registration blanks to be furnished by the secretary. The Administrative Board reserves the right to refuse applicants if the number admitted is as large as can be effectively taught.

The above vote of the Corporation was consented to by the Board of Overseers on December 28.