TRACK SEASON OFF WITH RUSH

H. Jaques, Jr., '11 and Captain F. W. Capper '15 Addressed Enthusiastic Meeting of Candidates.

That the winter indoor track season will be highly successful is assured, if the enthusiasm and spirit of the 105 odd men who attended the meeting for the University and Freshman relay and track teams held last night in the Union, can be counted as being instrumental to an ultimate success. Herbert Jaques, Jr., '11, spoke to the men present of the definite and decided benefit that the indoor season affords to track men, regardless of previous experience. He emphasised the importance to the successful runner of a complete and thorough knowledge of how to run a race, stating that continual racing on an indoor board track was the best possible means of teaching an observing runner how to take advantage of the opponent's breaks, how to take the corners, to clip off a foot here and six inches there; in short, how to get the best possible time out of one's best efforts.

Captain F. W. Capper '15, in a brief speech outlined the work of the track squads for the winter and spring seasons and made a strong plea for the same co-operation and spirit among the men on the track teams as existed on the football team.

Regular practice for all men starts tomorrow afternoon on Soldiers Field and in the Baseball Cage at 2.30 o'clock. Coaches Donovan and Powers will be on hand daily between the hours of 2.30 and 4.30, except on Saturday, when practice will be from 11.30 to 1 o'clock. Relay men are to watch the notice column in the CRIMSON for the hours at which they are to run.