EVENTS ADDED TO INDOOR MEET

Executive Committee of I. C. A. A. A. A. Also Proposed Changes in Relays.

Providing favorable action is taken by the governors of the Intercollegiate Association of Amateur. Athletes of America, many changes will be made when the second indoor games for college athletes are staged at Madison Square Garden March 4. A special meeting will be held in Boston November 19, on the eve of the annual intercollegiate cross-country race, to take action on the proposed changes. The event last year was much in the nature of an experiment, and the actual competition showed where there might be improvement in the future. The main idea is still adhered to, that of making the games anything but a championship affair, and the recommendations all tend to this fact.

In the relays, to prevent confusion, the runners will cover a designated number of laps instead of parts of a mile. There are five relays on the tentative program, in one of which each man runs two laps, another with three laps for each contestant, one of six, and another of twelve. There is also a medley relay, which totals 22 laps, and a team race has been arranged for the distance men, the scoring in this to be on the same basis as in, the cross-country run.

Two new events are recommended, one a straightaway dash, 75 yards, and the other a straightaway hurdle race. In these two events it is obvious that there must be a definite individual winner, still the team competition is in fact adhered to, for the actual winner, individually, cannot gain any trophy, a system of point awards being made so that there will have to be team competition.