SUCCESSIVE DROP-KICKING SCORES

Serious Scarcity of Backfield Material Caused by Injuries.

A light practice continued to be the order in yesterday's work-out of the University football team. Two short scrimmages, one between Teams A and B and one between Team A and the seconds, constituted the only heavy work of the afternoon.

The feature of the drill was the successful drop-kicking of Captain Mahan, Robinson, and Whitney. This form of attack was the only one used from scoring position, and the large number of successive goals from the 20, 25, 30, and 35-yard lines would seem to indicate that great stress is to be laid on this method of scoring. Captain Mahan went through the drill with but one error, and that from the 45-yard line. His kicking was remarkably consistent.

Another man was put on the injured list when Boles wrenched his knee. Last night the injury was not considered serious, but it is fairly certain that he will not be available for tomorrow's game. The number of injured backfield men has created a rather serious scarcity of material for the back positions, and Wiggin was yesterday moved from the line to till a place on Team B.

The first line-ups of Team A and B were as follows:

TEAM A  TEAM B.Lyman, l.e.  r.e., WeatherheadR. C. Curtis, l.t.  r.f., GilmanCowen, l.g.  r.g., BurrSagar, c.  c., TaylorDadmun, r.g.  l.g., SnowCaner, r.t.  l.t., BigelowHarte, r.e.  l.e., l., CurtisBoles, q.  q., DohertyKing, l.h.b.  r.h.b., WigginWhitney, r.h.b.  l.h.b., NelsonMahan, f.b.  f.b., Rollin