THE DORMITORY MEETINGS.

All men do not yet appreciate the nature of the meetings in dormitory rooms which Phillips Brooks House has arranged. The groups, which are small, meet under the guidance of a member of the Faculty or a student leader and discuss various questions. The object of the meetings is two-fold. They are designed to develop an interest, already in embryo, among undergraduates in serious problems of life and conduct. And they also have great promise in bringing students into closer touch with members of the Faculty, a number of whom have already consented to conduct such gatherings. One of the prices which it seems must be paid for the superior resources of a large university is the gap created between student and teacher. In a free discussion, in the snug quarters of a college room, there is an opportunity to bridge this gap.

As regards subjects, the meetings are not restricted, although religious topics probably dominate. They have ranged thus far from the inheritance tax to the relation of Christianity to the present war. The sessions are brief, seldom lasting more than an hour; and those who have already attended them testify with enthusiasm that they are worth while.