UNIVERSITY EXTENSION GIVING TWENTY-THREE COURSES

Commission Representing Nine Institutions Makes Announcement of Plans for 1915-16.

The Commission on Extension Courses has prepared an announcement of the courses to be presented during the year 1915-16. This commission represents Harvard University, Tufts College, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Boston College, Boston University Museum of Fine Arts, Wellesley College, Simmons College, and the School Committee of the degree of Associate in Arts at Harvard, Radcliffe, Tufts, and Wellesley.

These courses which are held in the evenings, late afternoons, and on Saturdays are conducted in the same way as the corresponding courses in the Institutions represented, for in the majority of cases they are given by the college professors and instructors. To gain the degree of Associate in Arts the candidate must complete 17 full courses or 51 year-hours. The courses are divided into four groups similar to those here, at least one course being taken in each group. For further information regarding this work address the Committee on Extension Courses, University 19.

Complete List of Courses.

The courses to be given are as follows:

EVENING COURSES

Elements of Economics, Elementary English Composition, History of English Literature, History and Analysis of the Drama, Elementary French, Introduction to Ethics.

AFTERNOON COURSES

Educational Psychology, The Supervision of Teaching in Elementary Schools, Teaching in Secondary Schools: its Aims, Values, and Methods, English Composition (advanced course), Johnson, his Circle, and the Club, Egyptian Art, The History of Design, Second-year French, Elementary German, German Language and Literature, Analysis and Appreciation of Music, The Economic and Historical Geography of Greater Boston.

SATURDAY COURSES

The following courses are in the Teachers' School of Science. A special circular describing these courses may be had on application to the Director, Professor G. H. Barton, 234 Berkeley street, Boston.

Physiological Botany, The Physical Geography of Lands, Lithology, Historical Geology, Zoology.

Courses Independent of Commission

In addition to these Extension Courses, attention is called to certain independent courses not connected with the Commission. Boston College offers evening courses in Philosophy, Ethics, and Literature, Boston University offers Saturday and late afternoon courses in Anglo-Saxon, English, the Drama, Education, French, German, Greek, Italian, Hygiene, Latin, Music, Phonetics, Spanish, and Vocational Guidance. Simmons College offers courses in Accountancy, Advanced Accounts, Dietics, Cookery, Horticulture, Continental Literature, German, and Art.