FIRST FORUM OF YEAR WILL BE HELD TONIGHT

Advisability of Individually Helping Allies' Cause to be Debated by Students.

The first University forum of the year will be held in the Living Room of the Union this evening at 8 o'clock. The subject for discussion will be "Resolved, That the Americans, as individuals, should openly lend moral and economic aid to the Allies." The discussion will not deal with the neutrality of the American government as such, but will have to do rather with individual action and influence on the part of the people, regarding such questions as the recent war loan of the Allies and the manufacture and export of munitions of war.

The Forums held last year under the direction of the Union and Speakers' Club, and later under the auspices of the Forum Committee were extremely successful. The average attendance was 90. At the meeting considering the question of a larger armament for the United States the discussion was very even, the final count resulting in a tie. Other subjects considered during the year were the causes of the European war, President Wilson's administration, the participation of members of the University in summer military camps, and the serving of beer at class functions.

The meeting this evening will be conducted according to the following rules: Speakers will be limited to five minutes, at the end of which time the chairman will take a vote as to whether the speaker may continue or not. All those who favor lending aid to the Allies will sit on the chairman's right, and those opposed will sit on his left. In the centre there will be a small section for neutral persons. At the end of a speech anyone may change sides, without necessarily admitting that he has been won over, merely to show his approval of the speech.

Those who are forced to leave before the end of the meeting may give their votes to the tellers who will be stationed at the door. At the close of the meeting the men will separate, joining one side or the other and each group will be counted. The meeting is open to all members of the Union, the Speakers Club and the University Debating Council.