MEETING FOR DRAMATISTS FRIDAY

Prof. Baker to Address Open Gathering.--Actors' Trials Tuesday.

The Dramatic Club will start its season Friday evening when an open meeting to all members of the University will be held in the Territorial Room of the Union at 7.30 o'clock. Professor G. P. Baker '87 will speak, and plans for the fall production which will be given on December 14, 16, and 17, will be outlined. Sophomores and Freshmen who intend to enter the competitions of the various departments are expected to attend for the competitions will be described fully. The play which will probably be a three-act one, will be announced tomorrow. A committee headed by Professor Baker has had numerous manuscripts in its hands since the close of the play competition and the chosen play promises to be of the first order.

Next Monday evening the first reading of the play will be held and all candidates for acting should report then. Bluebooks will be left in Leavitt & Peirce's until noon for candidates to sign for the first trials for parts. Next Tuesday the first trials will be held in the Trophy Room of the Union at 3 o'clock. The coach will be present at this time. Candidates for the stage, electrical, properties, and publicity departments will be expected to report at the first reading and trials as well as the open meeting on Friday.