OPERA RETURNS.

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life," says Auerbach. It does a great deal more than that: it broadens and deepens the souls of men; it makes them see beauties in life and its emotions which the profoundest philosophy and even the finest poetry cannot call forth. And the extraordinary opportunities for musical culture which are afforded in this vicinity have always been one of the great assets of the University.

All men who have their development at heart, therefore, welcome eagerly the return of opera to Boston on November 15. Last year, owing to the war, the season was omitted; and this year only four weeks are offered. A brilliant program, however, has been arranged, including the most popular operas, with stars to be imported from the Metropolitan Company of New York. The man who has never heretofore risen above musical comedy should be inveigled into hearing good opera by the frequent numbers of the peerless Mile. Anna Pavlowa. Only the prodigal will miss this opportunity to obtain a knowledge of opera,--an essential to a rounded education.