HARD SCRIMMAGE FOR UNIVERSITY

Second Team Had Stiff Practice in Preparation for Brown Game.

Twenty minutes of hard scrimmage with the seconds was the work given the University eleven yesterday afternoon, the regulars scoring one touchdown on a forward pass from Watson to Harte from the seconds' 10-yard line. The men showed that they had fully recovered from the effects of the Princeton game, for the plays went off with great speed, accuracy, and power.

After the seconds had stood up against the University, they opposed Team B for 20 minutes more. The play in this session was more even, for Rollins' spectacular end-run of 45 yards for a touchdown was offset by Murray's pretty dropkick from the 30-yard line. Aside from the score, the margin of superiority was small, for the seconds, their line-up constantly freshened by substitutions, put up a strong game. They should give a good account of themselves in their contest with the Brown scrubs tomorrow.

Probably the most encouraging feature of the present stage in the University team's development is the excellent condition of all the men. Aside from Thacher, whose sprained back will permanently keep him from playing for this season, everyone is in perfect trim for the last two games. To date, the 1915 eleven has been much more fortunate in that respect than was last year's.

The University team lined up against the seconds as follows: Soucy, l.e,; Parson, l.t.; Taylor, l.g.; Wallace, c.; Dadmun, r.g.; Gilman, r.t.; Harte, r.e.; Watson, q,; Boles, l.h.b.; Mahan, r.h.b.; King, f.b.