YALE LEADS IN WINNING OF 1915 CHAMPIONSHIPS

Has Captured Four Undisputed Titles and Shares Fifth.--University Has Claim on Four.

The eastern intercollegiate championships in but three sports remain undecided for the year 1915, football, soccer, and cross-country. The latter will be decided by the annual run held over the M. I. T. course this morning. Thirteen sports are here considered, in two of which, water-polo and basketball, the University is not represented. The title of champion in basketball and lacrosse is given to the winner of the respective leagues, while most of the other title holders are decided by the winners of the intercollegiate meets. This is the case in track, swimming, gymnastics, golf, tennis, fencing, and wrestling. The awards in the other sports is made after a consideration of the results of the different schedules and of the comments thereon by competent sporting circles.

The major sport titles have been evenly divided, Harvard, Cornell and Yale being successful in baseball, track and crew respectively. In hockey, the winner is undecided, both Dartmouth and Harvard having excellent claims. Yale has three minor sport titles to its credit and a share in a fourth, making a total of five championships, four undisputed and one shared. Harvard comes next with four, two of which, hockey and lacrosse, are divided. Cornell is third with two titles, Annapolis and Princeton have one apiece, while Columbia, Johns Hopkins and Pennsylvania share their championships with others.

Following is a table of the sports and the title winners: Game.  Winner. Baseball.  Harvard. Basketball.  Yale. Crew.  Yale. Fencing.  Annapolis. Golf (individual and team).  Yale. Gymnastics.  Yale. Hockey.  Dartmouth-Harvard. Lacrosse.  Harvard-Johns Hopkins. Swimming.  Columbia-Yale-U. of P. Tennis (singles and doubles).  Harvard. Track.  Cornell. Water-Polo.  Princeton. Wrestling.  Cornell.