PRESIDENT LOWELL TO ADDRESS 1919 TONIGHT

Will Speak With Dr. Lawrence and Dr. Thayer at Annual Service for Freshmen.

President Lowell, the Reverend William Appleton Lawrence '11, and the Reverend William Greenough Thayer, headmaster of St. Mark's School, will speak at the special annual service for members of the Freshman class in Appleton Chapel this evening at 7 o'clock. Professor Edward Caldwell Moore, chairman of the Board of Preachers, will conduct the service.

This service is exclusively for members of the Freshman class and is a custom of many years' standing. Since the erection of the Freshman dormitories it has assumed far greater importance, for, on account of the comparative isolation of their dormitories, 1919 men fail to realize--that they form an integral part of the University, and therefore should identify themselves with those interests which are maintained for the benefit of the entire College.

Tonight's service will be a short one, and it is the wish of the Chapel Committee that every member of the class of 1919 avail himself of this unusual opportunity to hear such men as President Lowell, Dr. Lawrence, and Dr. Thayer speak on those problems immediately confronting first-year men.