PRIVATE SCHOOLS OF NEW ENGLAND PLAN SUMMER CAMP

St. Paul's School Will Probably be Site of Month's Drill for 400 Boys Next July.

Establishment of a military training camp for boys of New England boarding schools from fifteen to seventeen years of age as a measure of military preparedness is now being considered by a large number of educational institutions, and plans are under way for the establishment of such a camp on the grounds of St. Paul's School at Concord. All the plans have been made under the direction of General Leonard Wood '84, with whom numerous conferences have been held, and the encampment probably will be held there during next July, with 400 boys from all parts of New England. The duration of the training will be about a month, and the cost to each attending will be about $50 a month, covering all expenses.

While St. Paul's School has offered its camp site, a splendid drill ground and an admirable country for field manoeuvres, the project is not a St. Paul's School movement. Enlisted in it will be Exeter, Andover, Pomfret, and other boarding schools in New England, and possibly some from neighboring states. The detailed plans will be worked out by a committee representing all the schools which will send boys to the camp. The training will be somewhat more moderate than that at Plattsburg, which would be too severe for the younger boys, but it will be along the same lines.