SOCIALISTS WILL DISCUSS PREPAREDNESS TONIGHT

Intercollegiate Society and Fabian Club to Hold Joint Dinner and Debate This Evening.

The Intercollegiate Socialist Society and the Fabian Club will hold a joint conference and dinner at Grundmann's Studios, 198 Clarendon street, Boston; this evening at 6.15 o'clock. The topic for discussion will be military preparedness, put as a question, "Shall we Prepare?" Four prominent speakers will open the debate and afterwards the floor will be open for general discussion. Dr. E. H. Gruening '07, Managing Editor of the Boston Traveller, and G. W. Harris, professor of chemistry at Simmons College, will uphold the necessity of greater military protection, while Miss Emily Balch, professor of economics at Wellesley College, and W. H. Cook 2G., M.A. Oxford, will speak for the pacifists. Miss Balch was a member of the Woman's Peace Expedition which Miss Jane Addams and others led to Europe last spring. Dr. H. W. Laidler, Secretary of the Intercollegiate Socialist Society, will preside.

The principal speakers will be limited to twenty minutes and all subsequent discussion to five-minute speeches.

Tickets for the dinner, at $1.00 apiece can be procured from W. Hinkle, 2L., Perkins 30.