THIRTEEN APPOINTMENTS MADE

PORTRAIT OF CHARLES DICKENS IS PRESENTED BY F. L. HIGGINSON.

At a meeting of the President and Fellows on Monday afternoon the following resignations were accepted: Oscar W. Haussermann, Assistant in Government; Kendall K. Smith, Instructor in Greek and Latin; Edward G. Birge, Instructor in Hygiene.

The following appointments were made: Alfred Wandke, Ellis W. Shuler, and Harold M. Sampson, Assistants in Geology; John M. Brewer, Assistant in Educational Psychology; Carl E. Glock, Assistant in Government; Gabriel M. Green, and James W. Hopkins, Instructors in Mathematics; George A. Pfeiffer, and Edward Kircher, Benjamin Pierce Instructors in Mathematics; (Medical School, reappointments), Edwin T. Wyman, Karlton G. Percy, Joseph I. Grover, Fellows in Pediatrics.

Among the gifts announced is a portrait of Charles Dickins by Henri Schaffen It is given by Francis L. Higginson '63, and will be placed in the Union.

The use of Sanders Theatre was granted to the Pierian Sodality for a concert on April 15.

It was further voted that, the Lawrence Scientific School having ceased to exist, the George H. Emerson Scholarships be open to students who have received either the degree of A.B., S.B., or A.M. from the University.