FOOTBALL MANAGERS CALLED

CANDIDATES FORM 1918 REPORT AT H. A. A. AT 1.30.--COMPETITION OUTLINED.

Candidates for the position of second assistant manager of the University football team, from the class of 1918, will meet in the H. A. A. Office today at 1.30 o'clock. As in former years the competition will extend through the full season, the appointments being made on the night of the Yale game. The work during the spring will consist of writing letters, gathering statistics, and solving various problems designed to test the candidate's ingenuity and general ability. All of this can be done in the evening and the work requires no previous experience. During the spring practice, March 29 to April 16, there will be work around the field every afternoon except Saturday.

At the end of the spring practice there will be a cut in the candidates, based on their work in the office and on the field, and eight men will be retained. There will be no work between April 16 and September 10 or thereabouts, when these men will be expected to return to Cambridge to continue the competition. Two cuts will be made before the latter part of the season, and three men will be retained until the final appointments. The second man in the competition will be appointed assistant manager of the second team.

During the spring competition allowance will be made for men taking part in other activities, but the work in the fall will take up most of the candidates' time.

W. Blanchard '16, manager, will be glad to see all Freshmen who desire to discuss the work any time, at 68 Mt. Auburn street.