1918 DEFEATED BROOKLINE HIGH

Superior Playing of Freshman Nine Was Cause of 5 to 2 Victory.

By playing better baseball the Freshman team defeated Brookline High School, 5 to 2 on Soldiers Field yesterday afternoon. T. H. Enwright '18 did good work at the bat, lining out a clean three base hit in the last of the sixth inning and later scoring on Boyden's tap to second. R. M. Loring '18 pitched excellent ball, striking out nine men in eight innings.

For Brookline Arthur pitched well as the scattered runs show, but his support was rather erratic. Brookline was weak when hits meant runs as several times with Brookline runners on base the batters were unable to score the runners.

The Freshmen started the scoring and by the third inning the score was 2 to 0. Neither team was able to score in the third but each garnered one in the fourth inning. The Freshmen scored again in the sixth inning. Enwright lined the first ball pitched to deep right centre for three bases, scoring later on Boyden's tap to second. Another run followed in the seventh inning. G. A. Percy '18 singled, W. J. Murray walked, and Enwright hit to right field, scoring Percy. Brookline earned the last run on singles by Prendergast and Kendrick.

The line-up was as follows: HARVARD 1918.  BROOKLINE H. S. Percy, r.f.  3b., Lally Murray, 2b.  l.f., Prendergast Knowles, c.f.  c., Strain Enwright, s.s.  r.f., T. Kendrick, Craig Boyden, l.f.  c.f., Stephens, Dunn West, 1b.  s.s., Collins, Leonardi Walker, 2b.  1b., J. Kendrick, Gleason Stephens, c.  2b., Threshie *Loring, Powell, p.  p., Arthur, T. Kendrick

*Wyche, batted for Loring in 8th.

*Wyche, batted for Loring in 8th.