NINE IN CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

UNIVERSITY TEAM WILL MEET PRINCETON IN FIRST OF TITLE SERIES.

The first game in the championship series between Harvard, Princeton, and Yale will take place at Princeton this afternoon at 3 o'clock, when the University meets the Princeton nine.

The University team at this time is in a critical stage of its development. It is just recovering its stride after injuries and the shake-up in coaches. The hitting as a whole has been erratic, with, however, the encouraging feature of a marked ability to hit in the pinches. The batting order seems to have reached its final shape, but the order in the field is not so definite. Beal is filling the hole at third satisfactorily, but the weakness at short may mean some important shift.

On the whole, the Princeton nine is superior to last year's aggregation, but thus far it has shown a tendency to play erratic ball. As a team of hitters, it has great strength, but the work in the field has been weak. Kelleher and Gill, especially, have shown great proficency with the bat. The outfield is strong, but like the University, Princeton has a problem in the infield.

Mahan and Harte will start the game as the University battery, while Princeton will use Kelleher as catcher and either Link or Deyo in the box.