CRIMSON HAD USUAL VICTORY

Guild's Baffling Style Was Unnoticeable Before Crimson Hitters. -- Editors Showed Major League Form.

As was expected the remarkable CRIMSON ball team opened its season with an easy victory over the candidates yesterday afternoon. The score was 20 to 0 or 5 to 4 or thereabouts. As the scorekeeper left early in the contest, this minor detail has not yet been definitely settled.

Every member of the editorial aggregation played in major league style. "Steamship" Hall held the opposing stick-wielders in awe-struck submissiveness, while "Red" stiles hung onto his hot stuff with well-nigh sublime efficiency. In the field, "Wild West" Ingram brought exclamations of delight to the lips of every beholder, and accepted the most difficult chances with utter sang froid. Prexy Graves was a demon at the bat, and scampered around the bags like a yearling gazelle; and "Duffy" Lewis came through with a three-bagger every once in a while.

Guild pitched the greater part of the game for the uninitiate. The girls say that he is baffling, but it wasn't noticeable yesterday. Bishop, behind the bat, handled the few balls that got by the editorial Ty Cobbs pretty well, but the rest of the team was uniformly poor. Mr. Twitchell umpired pleasantly.

After the game, the CRIMSON players retired to the Woodland Park Hotel, Auburndale, where they will rest up until the Phi Beta Kappa game on Friday. It is rumored that the Students are using their midnight oil for muscle liniment, but the CRIMSON confidently awaits another walkover in spite of this.