M. LE BRAZ TO ADDRESS CERCLE

Famous French Professor and Author Will Give His Views of War.

M. Anatole Le Braz, Chevalier of the Legion of Honor, professor at the University of Rennes, and a famous French author, will be the guest of honor at a reception to be held by the Cercle Francais in the club room, Grays 17, tonight at 8 o'clock. Professor C. H. Grandgent '83 will introduce M. Le Braz, and other members of the Faculty, including the entire French department, will be present to welcome the guest, who is an old friend of the University, having been James Hazen Hyde lecture here in 1906. In the course of the evening M. Le Braz will speak informally on his personal viewpoint of the war, which will be very interesting because he has a son at the front who recently lost an eye in the capture of some German trenches, and was given the highest medal for bravery.

A few years ago M. Le Braz was sent by the French ministry of public instruction to Brittany to study the legends and traditions of that country. He made a specialty of this work, and wrote several books on the subject, three of which were crowned by the French Academy--the highest literary honor in France.