SOPHOMORES LED IN CLASS RACE.

Won Title From 1916 by Half Length.--Darling Victor In Scull.

The class race held yesterday afternoon was won by the Sophomores by scarcely half a length. The Juniors got the best start, and were nip and tuck all the way down with the Sophomores. The Seniors were somewhat outclassed throughout the course.

The line-up of the Sophomores follows:

Stroke, White; 7, Potter; 6, Lovell; 5, Richardson; 4, Coolidge; 3, Webber; 2, B. Darling; bow, Ingalls; cox., Henderson.

The single scull race was won by N. P. Darling '17 who led all the way down. M. F. Talbot '16 held second place until just beyond Harvard bridge when he stopped, thinking he had got over the line. S. A. Robinson '16 and J. Carpenter '16 passed him, getting second and third respectively.

The Sophomores, with whom J. K. T. Phillips '17 has been retained as substitute, remaining intact, the third University four-oar composed of the stern four of the Junior crew: W. B. B. Wilson '16, J. A. Jeffries '16, R. C. Curtis '16, and S. M. Foster '16, and Darling, Robinson, and Talbot who have been retained for further trial, will row from Newell and eat at the training table at the Varsity Club.